Sunday 30 January 2011

things happen

Here are some pages from the sketchbook I took with me on my recent trip to Bergen, Norway where, together with 8 other students from Drawing and Applied Arts UWE, I showed work in an exhibition titled ‘Things happen’. The exhibition was part of an exchange between two cities (Bristol and Bergen) coordinated by John France, conceived as a programme of seminars, debate and new work. This enriching experience was an opportunity to meet other artists and exhibit work in a new context. 


The day we flew out to Bergen happened to coincide with 30th Worldwide Sketchcrawl. So although I couldn’t join Bristol Sketchers I did draw most of the day, starting at 6 am in Gatwick Airport! 




Unfortunately I fell very ill on the first day in Norway and had to go to the see the doctor. As I wasn’t registered in the country I had to wait a little longer than expected (4 hours!) which allowed me to sketch some of the people in the waiting room.